I spent New Year’s Eve at home – alone, because I have been suffering with a nasty virus that has struck me down in the most vindictive way. It has pretty much taken away my voice! Very harsh, I think. Other may feel relief!! Add to the virus, a jaggedly broken molar that could only be repaired yesterday, after happening 4 days ago. While the tooth itself has not been painful, the ulcer it has caused, on the inside of my cheek is big enough to drown Dr Foster and sore enough to require every drop of pain medication he was carrying before he disappeared into that puddle, on his way to Gloucester! I spent New Year’s Eve thinking about what I have achieved this past calendar year of 2015 and what I want to achieve in 2016. So here is what I came up with.
Firstly, things I achieved in 2015 …
- I suffered from excruciating anxiety but I it didn’t kill me.
- I could no longer maintain my job but I paid my bills.
- I traveled to care for others when my mind said NO and I was surprised with 2 upgrades to Business Class seating on my holiday flights.
- I was, at times, a burden to family & friends but my home was often full of visitors.
- I buried my Mother-in-law and found I can do hard things, especially when you have a loving family around you that you never really knew existed.
- I went to concerts, theatre, performances and sporting events, when I felt overwhelmed at the thought of getting there but I was constantly inspired by what I saw or heard.
- I listened to familiar music that enveloped me with grief & memories too hard to bare but I discovered new music that healed and set me on a new and satisfying pathway.
- I wrote my life into a blog to rid myself of feelings that were too hard to say and I discovered that others too, share these feelings.
- I felt despair at the world and the way humankind treat each other but I found that there is peace in action – no matter how small the deed or contribution.
- I often, could not see a light at the end of the tunnel that was my life but I continued the work with my doctors and therapists anyway and discovered that there is indeed a light and I can almost touch it now.
So there you have 2015 – nothing really earth shattering but movement and that counts!
2016 … What do I want from you? Health? Wealth? Happiness? Not really! Simpler things maybe.
- To continue to write and blog because those are actually 2 different things.
- To read.
- To listen.
- To grow stronger in mind, body and spirit.
- To spend time outside.
- To love my body and care for it accordingly.
- To participate in life not just observe it.
I am choosing “F” words for 2016.
FOCUS FORWARD FUTURE
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2016.